Beadbabe has tagged me to do a meme. I don't usually do these, they make me feel unconfortable for some reason, although I love to read them on other blogs... But Beadbabe's blog was one of my first favourite bead blog so I can only say yes ! :o)
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago I was living in a country village near my parents and sister, and working as a part-time secretary for my dad (he worked as an independent). I was desperately trying to be a good wife, and a good mother to my 5 year old. I was part of school committees. I was a lousy gardner and housekeeper (still am). I read a lot of thrillers and detective stories, mostly american, and was an expert on Lara Croft...
2. 5 things on today's to-do list?
Well, I don't do lists, working as a temp, everyday is quite different and I change priorities all the time (thus the name of this blog Hummingbird's nest).
- Today, we all woke up early because my youngest daughter was leaving for a 10 days school trip.
- Next I started my intensive German lessons, 4 hours a day, financed by the region (I've been waiting for these to start since october 2007).
- Then I waited for my caretaker to fix the non existing aeration of my bathroom which caused two light bulbs to explode recently (I've had to hassle the landlord to do something about this for almost 2 years).
- I will definitely spend some time on the internet checking emails and blogs and trying to keep an eye on my eldest daughter's MSN conversations
- I hope to do some beading/doodling, if I can get off the internet.
3. Snacks I enjoy?
France is not really a snacking country, as family seated meals are almost sacred ! :o)
Lately we've had the tendancy to take aperitif while cooking the evening meal with my boyfriend. Usually it will be saucisson (dried sausage), olives, homos, tarama, red cabbage salad, spicy carots or other delicatessen preparations we buy at the local supermarket... and wine !
If I skip lunch because I'm doing something else, I will usually gulp down saucisson, soft smelly cheese (camembert), sometimes biscuits (but I don't buy the kind I like) with tea at 4 o'clock. i tend to drink a lot of herb teas though.
4. Things I'd do if I were a billionaire?
I'm not sure. I believe in collective action. I believe most problems in the world could be solved if we would all put ourselves together.
Maybe I would fund research for ecological and economical technologies, and the transfer of these technologies to emerging countries. Maybe I would also fund a society to encourage people to go back to old age medecine for the little sores of everyday (using herbs and massage and so on). But in a way I am already doing this on a very modest scale.
I also like Beadbabe's idea of doing an artist community building.
5. Places I have lived?
6. Peeps I want to know more about?
I will try to tag somebody who hasn't already been tagged so I will tag :
Sulam Sayang (BJP 2008 member)