This is a glimpse of my progress on the november page. Not an easy month. I choose the fabric, and did the moon first (a japanese embroidery design). Then I stopped for many days. I opened Women Who Run With Wolves at random and find a scary story about a girl who gets her hands chopped off, but survives and gets stronger. Days later I envisionned the police outlines of corpses and thought about Keith Harring. I started the spirit doll body. Next day The Bombay terrorist attacks started. We hear that two French nationals were killed ; the founders of a delightful underwear collection that especially appeals to teenagers and young girls. This month's theme is about the freedom of women, the freedom to love and be oneself. The importance of keeping the heart alive, even under the ash of fear, hatred, jealousy, sorrow, contrary winds...
This page is still in progress. May peace be with you.
Saturday, 29 November 2008
Wednesday, 5 November 2008
Bobby has tagged me to reveal 7 little known facts about me. So here it goes. I am a pretty weird lady (I'm sure you know that already)...
1. When I was 18, I fell madly in love with a beautiful and cold young man. He made me feel like I was a number on a list and that my only interest was my virginity. I developped heart problems and had to take digitalin. These problems healed with time. That guy is living in India now.
2. I went to India this year after reading Sarah Macdonald's hilarious "Holy Cow", and started losing my hair after that visit - just like her.
3. During my first night home after that visit I had the weirdest dream. I was alone in a forest surrounded by strange spirits or monsters. They told me to stay with them, I said I couldn't because I had to take care of my children. They said OK, come back later. I woke up terrified, not knowing where I was.
4. I had a spontaneous out of body experience when I was around 13, just walking in the college playground after lunch. I don't remember what was on the menu that day, but I do remember the smell of the birch trees. That experience really scared me, I waited many years to talk about it.
5. I did a few Holotropic Breathwork sessions. This changed the idea I had of myself, life, mental health and all that. It's a pretty violent therapy but it helped me cure from whatever problem I had - post traumatic stress, chronic depression (?) ... I still don't know but I feel better.
6. While in India, I came face to face with some of the big lies I had been telling myself. I am still trying to digest that.
7. At the moment, I have very little energy. I think I know why but I can't tell with words. Probably more on that in future beaded pages ? ;o)