Wednesday 23 April 2008

Be your note

Thank you all for your kind comments on my Indian posts. As you may have guessed, I am still a little disturbed by my trip, as I have discovered myself from a totally different and unexpected angle. I dream of India every night, and amusing synchronicities keep popping up. For instance yesterday, as I was meditating on the wound-that-opened-again and how to close it, I received this wonderful poem via a newsletter :

God picks up the reed flute world and blows.
Each note is a need coming through one of us,
a passion, a longing-pain.
Remember the lips
where the wind-breath originated,
and let your note be clear.
Don't try to end it.
Be your note.
-- Jalalludin Rumi

I had to smile.

3 comments:

KV said...

You just have to keep following your dream, Helene -- the rest will fall into place.


Kathy V in NM

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention flutes...I have sore lips and an thumb from trying to get any sound from the baroque flute I've just received and for the moment it's far from gracious ;-)

xxx

Padparadscha said...

You are so right, KV, it IS all about dreams, and not forgetting them...

Well, Stellou, believe it or not, I hadn't thought about that connection, although it is so obvious ! Er, I guess, we can't always be a gracious note, but if we enjoy whatever note we are, then it's ok lol !

xxx