Friday 26 October 2007

October BJP

The Woman in the Shaman's Body

I'm done with october.
This month I've learnt to do 4 new things : sew a patchwork, attach a shisha mirror, mold a face and attach it as a cabochon. I feel very proud of myself.

The theme is about the retreat I did at the end of September and which brought me unexpected images as usual. This time I had to face vulgarity, and I saw a mocking little green devil. After that I read a lot of feminist essays including "The Woman in the Shaman's Body" by Barbara Tedlock, a great anthropology book. So this is what I'll call my october page :o)

7 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Great page - I'm proud of you too, very impressive with all you have learned in just one page, Bravo!

Padparadscha said...

Thanks Grace, I'm glad you like it ! And thank you for your support too, it makes me feel really good inside.

aspiringcrone said...

I love The Woman in the Shaman's Body. And I love your wildly creative self too!

Padparadscha said...

Thanks Julie. I have been feeling pretty wild about that piece :o)

ACey said...

Great technical creative accomplishments giving voice to larger life experience. This project is so amazing in the community it has created and all the healing and illumination portals we're able to access through our work.

Padparadscha said...

It sure is a great project and a great community. It's like we are all weaving love, healing and hope around the World, isn't that great ?

This piece is under Coyote's sign for me. After a few unpleasant social interactions in my neighbourhood, it felt so good to sew on that face ! :o)

KV said...

Wow, Helene -- I am so glad that I chose to visit your blog tonight. Your October page is amazing.

Just remembered that I was supposed to find you a title of a book on shamans -- will try to find it for you soon.


Kathy V in NM