Wednesday 7 July 2010

Bead & Button show

Milwaukee was great... incredibly nice relaxed people and many talented people. It was thrilling to be able to see with my own eyes the work of the bead artits I usually read about.

Nice food, nice drinks... and a surprise : I was still following my friend the Monkey's trail (tail ?) !

Exotic sights (post office) - exciting !

A revelation ; I love metal work.
Lady in the background enjoying all the hammering is a psychology professor at University.

Disc cutting. Then dapping, piercing into earrings. I have had a fascination for copper since I was 12. Only this June did I start working on it. Bliss !

Metal forming : flattening silver wire

Shaping square wire into bangles

I am so happy I took all these classes !

2 comments:

stellou said...

Wow these are lovely, I especially like the earrings =)

Padparadscha said...

Ben... tu peux toujours te faire percer les oreilles ? :o)

Je vais essayer d'utiliser les cercles en collier ou bracelet... et oui j'ai craqué, j'ai commandé le disc-cutter aux USA...